Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ron Paul, R3VOLUTION, Give us back the CONSTITUTION!

There is one candidate that I am very certain I will not be voting for in the primary election. Okay, there are actually a couple candidates and one of them is named Ron Paul. At the same time, Ron Paul is the one candidate who fascinates me above all others. He is by far the oldest candidate in the race and, yet, he has the youngest group of supports including Obama’s supporters as well.

Without even talking about age, Dr. Paul also has the most passionate group of supporters who will follow him to the end of the Earth. I could not get the “Ron Paul revolution, give us back the constitution” chant out of my head after his second place finish in New Hampshire. His supporters were so fired up and it was intoxicating.

Most of the supporters, however, know that he is not going to win the primary, heck, even Ron Paul is aware that he is not going to win the primary. Why else would he solely focus on Caucus states? He claims that it is to send a message to Washington for a lot of different reasons, mostly pertaining to liberty and free market economics. To be honest, I am completely on board for these causes. The United States spends too much money, has too much regulation, too high taxes, and at times infringes on the liberty of citizens. 

However, I do not really believe that Ron Paul is running to send a message to Washington. It is probably an advantage, but Ron Paul is running to pave the way for his son Rand Paul to be President in 2017. Think about it, what father does not want to do everything he can to help his son succeed? Almost none. He is doing a great job too, because all the passionate supporters Dr. Paul has are going to run straight to Rand who is already a tea party favorite. Rand is going to be an unstoppable force in the 2016 elections (if the Republicans do not win in 2012) especially after having eight years of Obama.

Ron Paul has a lot of great ideas and I would love to see the budget slashed by a trillion dollars. The problem is, I agree with Ron Paul on 75% of the issues, but the other 25% I disagree with so adamantly that I can’t vote for him. I wish him the best of luck in Nevada and am almost excited to see how well he does in Maine, but my vote is not one that he will be receiving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment